[pianotech] Of Chisels

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Oct 11 11:33:58 MDT 2010

I bought a very coarse grit Norton grinding stone and mount it (with
the water bath) on my Tormek once a year or so to make a hollow grind
on my big Mazzaglia chisel. The Norton stone is smaller than the big
Tormek stone. That way when you go to sharpen it on the regular big
Tormek stone, you only need to grind near the tip (or the tip and
top). Make sharpening those big thick chisels very fast!

Terry Farrell