[pianotech] Of Chisels

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Mon Oct 11 16:11:59 MDT 2010

In a message dated 10/11/2010 5:06:27 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
davidlovepianos at comcast.net writes:

The  sidewall cut was actually done with a small saw.  The sharpened putty
knife/paint scraper was used to cut the notch.
Your recollection and mine are different. Just as  they, I use a small
kerfing saw for the initial sidewall cut, but don't try to  connect the kerf
with the hole until I use the radiussed chisel from Mazzaglia,  which is where,
I think, Patty used the putty knife trick. I'm pretty sure the  notch cut
itself was done with a standard chisel of some sort. But I grow old.  Do I
dare to eat a peach? :-)