[pianotech] Traveling tuner

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 12 16:26:01 MDT 2010

Rob,

I've had many customers over the years when they found out I used to
vacation in Florida would ask if I'd like to tune their piano down in
Naples.  I always refused.  After all, I was down on vacation but the
thought had always kind of appealed to me.

I know of one technician or two that does travel around the country.  All
they do however, is prep pianos for concert work.  He loves it.  He travels
first class when he comes to Grand Rapids, the client pays for it.  He works
very long days and he is very good at what he does.  He seems to enjoy life
a lot.

Jer