[pianotech] key leveling with a curve

Mark Schecter mark at schecterpiano.com
Sun Oct 17 13:30:44 MDT 2010

Hi, Roger.

Your description implicitly assumes constant bore length, thus pushing string height anomalies down through the entire action. If you compensate by varying the bore length to result in constant shank height, you maintain blow distance but allow the rest of the action to regulate in straight lines as designed, no?

-- Mark Schecter