[pianotech] Regulating, was curve was glide

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Mon Oct 18 14:06:28 MDT 2010

Yes, this is what I "sell" also.  It seems more precise to me to identify
things like hammer shaping, key bushing, pinning, cleaning, polishing, etc.,
as reconditioning of the action (making the components the best they can be,
short of replacing them).  Then, once you've finished reconditioning the
action, move on to regulation, then tuning, and then voicing.

It seems pretty clear that we're pretty much all doing the same things, it's
just a matter of how we classify what we are doing to ourselves and in how
we present it to our clients.

William R. Monroe