[pianotech] Action locking

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Oct 18 17:54:21 MDT 2010

That's it!  Young Changs, Samicks,etc in the 90's used to have
this....just to keep the hammers from flopping around, no doubt to
vigorous shipping practices. Not a bad idea when moving long distances in
a crate.  Most weren't fastened to the action brackets, though, so the
whole thing just slams back and forth!  Perhaps a type of pre-voicing??
<G>

Paul