[pianotech] which Allen wrenches to carry

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 20 18:54:33 MDT 2010

List,

I'm goofing around with my tool kit again. I'd like to know what size Allen wrenches we techs should carry in our tool kits. You'd think I'd know after 28 years of fumbling around... I thought I'd look into those sets that look and fold up like a pocket knife, but wanted to be sure the sizes I need are included.

What size is the one for the Everett lid? Is it Everett, right? I think one of the two Allen wrenches that currently reside in my kit is for that.

What size is the one for the newer Steinway leg setup? Or did I dream that there was a new setup that required one?

Are there any more? Piano makes and wrench sizes, please!

Thanks,

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois