[pianotech] How come?

Bppiano bppiano at aol.com
Sat Oct 23 23:25:15 MDT 2010

Thanks for the input, I imagine that a soundboard doesn't adjust evenly under the bridge, accounting for different pressure from the breaks provided by the plate, and so on.  We all know that good string stability is not expected as much around the breaks between the plate struts for example.  I wonder if anyone has examined an old soundboard to see evidence of more or less stress fatigue at these points.  Or the inherent dead spots of a soundboard.  Sounds like a project for someone with a lot more of a scientific vocabulary than myself.

Bruce P