[pianotech] computer upgrade -somewhat OT-

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Mon Oct 25 00:44:42 MDT 2010

  List,
    My shop computer has revolted and I'm purchasing a new PC today.
  My question: This machine comes with Windows 7 Home Premium and I was wondering if I should upgrade to Windows 7 Pro ?
   Duaine ?   Any advice ?
  Tom D.

  Addendum to the computer story.

  Thanks again to all for the input.
   To my Mac devotees--- the collective persuasion from those both on and off list have me leaning toward making the big Mac leap but for now I ended up recycling the "Home"   XP machine out to the shop and replaced it with an HP quad core , 8GB , Windows 7 Premium machine for just over $400.00. (Staples) Very fast with great graphics so I'm quite popular with my 14 year old son for this decision.
  I'll plug away with my now somewhat disapointing old XP clunker  and perhaps go shopping at the Mac store on the next Go-round

  Tom Driscoll