[pianotech] Plate Removal with an engine hoist?

Joe DeFazio defaziomusic at verizon.net
Tue Oct 26 19:00:02 MDT 2010

> That's called a Gantry. It is a very good way to do it, IMO. It's only drawbacks, are/is that it is not very portable to other shops. And, what/where are you going to store it when not in use? Del has one like that  and it ialways seemed to be "there", so to speak. <G>
> Just wondering.<G>
> Joe

Hi Joe,

I bolted mine together so that the top beam was easily removable. That left two "A's" that could easily lean against a wall, along with the top member. I only did that a few times before switching to some fixed hitch points, but it got it out of the way fairly easily.

Joe DeFazio
Pittsburgh

P. S.  - I successfully resisted the urge to name mine Elmer....