[pianotech] What software do you need?

pianotech at pianoteks.com pianotech at pianoteks.com
Wed Oct 27 17:41:20 MDT 2010

Hi folks,

I hope you don't mind me joining in here. I'm not actually a piano
technician, but I'm interested to learn about your business, and to see if
there's anything I can do to help you.

I'm a software developer, and I'd love to be able to create something that
people actually used and found valuable, which I could run as a
side-business.

So here's my question:
If you could ask a programmer to create some software for your business -
anything at all - what would it be?

I saw a recent thread about client management software, which is one
option, but I imagine there may well be other aspects of your business
which would also benefit from a software application (or web-based
application) to make your lives easier.

I'm not looking for consulting work - I'm just interested to get some
input, and then if there's a consensus that application X would be really
useful, I'll see about creating something that would help you out.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Andrew
--
P.S. I've also recently created a new directory for piano technicians at
http://www.pianoteks.com. It's free to add your details.