[pianotech] Bench protector's

Les Koltvedt t4348lk at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 16:53:23 MDT 2010

Jer, Richelieu in Sterling Heights is a high end kitchen cabinet distributor
that might carry something.

http://www.richelieu.com/produit/index.php?id=-1〈=An

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 12:43:29 -0400
From: "Gerald Groot" <tunerboy3 at comcast.net>
To: <pianotech at ptg.org>
Subject: [pianotech] Bench protector's

Hi List,

Yesterday, while tuning at my college, I noticed that one of the benches to
a Kawai K-3 had small round rubber caps (?) that were about the size of the
bottom of the feet of the leg in diameter and were screwed into the bottom
of the leg.  They are about, 1/8" thick or so.  They are great!  They are
soft, slide easily, appear quite durable and will not scratch the tile floor
when moving the bench around.  I've not seen these before.  The store that
sold the piano had no clue where they came from nor does the college so I
assume perhaps that they came with the bench?

Any idea where I can get a few dozen of these little things or something
just as good?  I looked in the Pianotek and Schaff catalogs, paging through
them both but, didn't see anything.

Thanks,

Jer