[pianotech] Re-pinning

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Fri Oct 29 08:43:27 MDT 2010

Thanks to all for all the responses...

Avery and Mario, my first thought was that Schimmel should replace the
piano... I'll revisit that possibility with Schimmel. Short of that, no, I
don't feel that I am going to do factory quality work. I've gotten "pretty
good" on replacing single strings but my beckets point all over the place. I
don't want to practice uniform pin height and uniform becket direction
(times 200+) on a nearly new piano.  I'd be much more inclined to practice
those skills on a lesser instrument... but not this one!  I know we have
some very capable techs in the neighborhood who'd be perfect for this job.

Thanks again,
Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN