[pianotech] Steinway M ballpark value

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Fri Oct 29 09:41:13 MDT 2010

David,

Interesting--thanks!

Alan Eder

-----Original Message-----
From: Porritt, David <dporritt at mail.smu.edu>
To: pianotech <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Fri, Oct 29, 2010 3:26 am
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Steinway M ballpark value

Alan:

I’ve always attributed thisto the heat and the side to side stress of the filing.  I have noscientific proof but I always questioned the idea of stressing the new pins whenit’s just not necessary.

If you have noticed as youremove old pins from a famous piano factory, many were installed point sidedown, and others round side down.  That’s why they had to file thetops to hide the irregular installation.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu