[pianotech] Stability techniques

Phil Bondi phil at philbondi.com
Sat Oct 30 18:37:36 MDT 2010

Hi Tom. Thanks for that reply.

I've been caring for the area Steinway for 12 years so I
feel I have some experience.
The reason for the question was more for finding out what's
out there..who is doing what. The venue where the piano
resides is not as active as it has been in the past, so
these tunings need to be more solid overall. The C#5/D5
break area of this D has always been a puzzler for stability
until I beat all 6 strings within a mil of their life last
year. This is the first time I have seen the piano since
April. Overall I am pleased with how it weathered the summer
and how it has faired through its first and second tuning of
the season.

Just looking for other ideas..and thanks for yours. It is
appreciated.

-daRook