[pianotech] billing dilemma with pitch raises

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 31 14:54:08 MDT 2010

Hi Susan,

We all have the basic same expenses.  Vehicles, life insurance, health
insurance,(very expensive either way you look at it)  phones, computers and
the rest.  It may be on a different scale from one another but the concept
remains constant.  We have expenses for which we need compensation in one
form or another.  Not charging or making enough and then complaining about
not being able to do so or not being able to make a living at tuning as some
techs have, well, many factors come into play one of them possibly being a
lack of business sense, or perhaps a lack of being in a good location for
piano tuning (makes me wonder why then, one is living there in that case.)
And of course, many over factors.  My point is that either way we look at
it, we must incorporate into our fee's our own expenses regardless of what
they may be.  Provided, we wish to remain in business and making a profit.

Jer