[pianotech] "cracking" the unisons

Jim Moy jim at moypiano.com
Wed Apr 13 21:41:04 MDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 7:02 PM, David Nereson <da88ve at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, OK -- so, one isn't really "cracking" a unison, but rather, refining the temperament.

I always thought the term was very appropriate and descriptive. When I
say I'm going to crack open the door to see if my kids are doing
anything they're not supposed to be, I open the door the smallest
amount I can to see inside :-) Or when I've cracked the code, it means
that first little bit of insight that leads to the solution of a
larger problem when computer programming.

Jim