[pianotech] Mason A specs

Steve Jackson steve at stevejacksonpianos.com
Thu Apr 14 05:43:08 MDT 2011

> Hello Steve,
>
>   There was the  A-  the  A-3,     A-4,   A-5, and   A-6,
>
> The last of the A,s that Aeolian built was the A,5.
>
>    I ask Elmer and Allan Brooks in 77  why they  went
> back to the A-5.     I never got a clear  answer
>
>  There may have been the  A,-1 and A,2  I can not
> speak to this as I have never seen one.
>
> Jack Wyatt
> Dallas Chapter

These were an A3, with plain wire down to the tenor, an A4 or 5 with 2
bichords, and an A6 with a transition bridge at the tenor. I switched the
A6 action with the A5 (as it still had the ivory) and all was well. The
regulation was almost exactly the same with the switch. Amazing quality
control which is difficult to achieve even today.

Steve