[pianotech] Lock Rail Puzzle

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 27 00:01:48 MDT 2011

Hi, JD:
	Thinking about how this might be assembled, if there are indeed lockplates
embedded in the bar, with screws in the lid, I would probably arrange the
plates so that the bar would slide into place in a direction away from the
edge moulding.  In that case, the strip you removed would keep the bar
secure and not allow it to slide out of the lock plates, and also hide any
scratch marks or at least prevent the possibility of marks on the polished
side.  I would doubt that the bar would be removed by hammering from the
side, but I suppose it's possible.  I would try to hammer (?) the bar
towards the moulding and see if it doesn't move.  Or maybe you've tried
that and I misunderstood.

	Interesting dilemma.
	Paul McCloud