[pianotech] Wandering Capstan Screws

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Sat Dec 3 22:01:18 MST 2011

David

The problem is not the screw but the cloth on top of the screw. As thick as it is, and without it being glued to a surface, every time the humidty changes, the thickness of the cloth changes.

I would cut the cloth off the key, and glue a small piece on the bottom of the sticker. Then replace the screws with standard capstan screws.

Wim