[pianotech] unusual lyre joint

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at frontier.com
Mon Dec 12 21:18:33 MST 2011

David,

Thanks for the confirmation.  "Used properly" means what, exactly?  Do
the tapered dowels stay in place on their own once tapped home?  Does it
matter that the post shoulders are not contacting the top block, or does
the system rely on the lyre braces for rigidity?  This piano has the
brass braces which attach with two screws at each end.

thanks

Mike