[pianotech] piano gift

Ron Koval drwoodwind at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 15 07:33:53 MST 2011

Perhaps some of you have run into this before....  If asked, I always recommendagainst this type of idea!
There's this couple - she's a piano player that has an oldish upright.He doesn't play, but decides to "upgrade" the piano as a surprise gift.  He findan expensive (to him) grand that looks beautiful.  Too bad it doesn't work rightor meet her needs.  Now she's stuck with this piano - seemingly forever, becauseit is already in the house and paid for.  There doesn't seem to be any way to return this gift and the husband keeps telling her that she just needs to getused to it - it's gotta be better than that old one!  Feelings are hurt on both sides...

Kinda sounds like our situation with our familiar old list.  It may not be the best,but it worked for us - unlike the new one.
Too bad that new one is bought and moved in already.
Ron Koval