[pianotech] 1889 Ibach overdamoper upright

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Thu Dec 15 14:50:09 MST 2011

Rob thanks for sharing that. How lovely, such a warm look to it. Is it
parallel strung or overstrung?

You know, in the UK in that same period there were many small "cottage
industry" workshops makling cheap pianos for the domestic parlor, and
there are still lots of the pianos around. They're pretty useless as
pianos, most of them (unlike 'your' Ibach I am sure) but they have
lovely veneers and inlays, the like of which we just don't see today
except on the very highest-end instruments.  Wood, and carpentry
craftsmanship, were cheaper in those days!

Best regards,

David
www.davidboyce.co.uk