[pianotech] Old list

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Wed Dec 21 12:13:07 MST 2011

Paul,
Along the line of what you are saying, the issues around this, the
'old' list, specifically its continued viability, are, for the most
part, separate from the theoretical advantages and disadvantages of
the web-forum model. Likewise, those theoretical pros & cons are
somewhat distinct from the success or failure of HL to successfully
effect that model.   It's hard to make a comparison between something
simple that works (though perhaps not for long) and something that's
hot and fancy, but, in the opinion of many, does not.

To the extent that NOT expressing a preference for the old list might
be taken as a negative or perhaps disinterest, I would have to join
in its support.  In reality, if its technology truly is outdated, I'd
like to know that it's there, at least until such time as a suitable
replacement is in-place and thoroughly tested.  As per RonN's
admonition,  I will exorcise "learning curve" from any further
contribution of mine to this   discussion.

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY