[pianotech] Old list

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Dec 21 16:44:43 MST 2011

On 12/21/2011 2:56 PM, David Skolnik wrote:
>Emotions aside, are you of the belief that a) the current
> HL offering is, but for some minor bugginess, acceptable? b) we can stay
> indefinitely with mailman? c) we need to move on but HL is not the
> answer? d) other? e) none of the above?

Error 404 - answer not found, though e) isn't not right, it isn't not
wrong either.

Ok, suppose you drive home in the evening, expecting to go up the walk,
insert your key in the front door lock, and walk inside. Only while you
were gone, someone had decided you didn't really need a front door, and
bricked it up. Without a door, there's no point in having a porch light,
so six of them were added to the one already there, only four of them
have no bulbs and one is blinking. It begins to rain. You walk around
the house to the back door and find that your key is useless there too
because a shiny new numerical keypad has been installed instead, and you
get to try and guess the combination. Hint - it contains numbers.
Fortunately, the decorative rocks edging the patio are still there, so
you can break a window to get in. Once inside, you find that all the
kitchen appliances are singing and dancing, but none of the controls
seem to do what they should, and you seem to be locked out of the
refrigerator at random intervals, but the food you had in there is
different and dubious looking so maybe it's not so bad after all. Your
big television is gone, but there are thirty little ones scattered
throughout the room, each on a different channel. Welcome home! Be
careful when you go in the bathroom.
Ron N