[pianotech] Baldwin upright - bobbling hammers

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 22 21:53:55 MST 2011

Ron said: "I'll still disagree on one thing. The stuff that goos up isn't
Corfam. I
have samples of both light and dark Corfam, which are both hard. Frank
said he's never seen the stuff that goos up, so it still remains unnamed."

Ron,
We should have a contest in naming the stuff.<G> (I refrained from using my
exclamation point, because there are those who wish I wouldn't.)
I'll submit: Skunkfam. After all the stuff really stinks and sticks to
ya<G>! (oops, fell off the wagon already.<G>)
BTW, I've replaced a few of those with the sticky black crap whatever it's
called. Really a pain to get that stuff off of the parts and get rid of the
residual. I used several chemicals to get it off of the wood. Don't
remember which one did the trick, but my memory pads seem to say Lacquer
thinner. Any thoughts?
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police