[pianotech] Right Pedals Needed for Three 1961 Baldwin Grands

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Dec 23 08:54:14 MST 2011

On 12/23/2011 3:27 AM, Paul Milesi wrote:
> I have some (at least 2, maybe 3) Baldwin Rs and Ls at the school that need
> right pedals (only).  The originals are worn through and very sharp on the
> ends.  I believe Schaff #1002 9" at $67.50/set are correct replacement, but
> they don't have any broken sets right now.  Anybody have some sitting around
> you might want to part with for cheap?

I've resurrected a bunch of worn through tempo pedals through the years.
It takes an oxy-acetylene torch, and some brazing rod and flux. Wire
brush and fill the void with brass, file it to the original contour, and
buff it out. The color match probably won't be exact, but for the venue
it's quite adequate and good for many more years of timekeeping.
Ron N