[pianotech] Fw: Hammer Technique: was Q & A Roundtable

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Tue Feb 1 18:26:55 MST 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Driscoll
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Hammer Technique: was Q & A Roundtable

I just bought a carbon fiber lever.  Yes,  I notice more stiffness, not as much flex, but it's an extremely subtle difference, and barely noticeable.  I'm glad I spent only $200 and not $400.

  --David Nereson, RPT

From: Steve Fujan

David,
You didn't get $400 of value for your $200.  If you'd spent $400 the difference would not have been "barely noticeable".

Steve

Not sure that the $200 lever is or isn't worth the money, but the more expensive Fujans are much, much stiffer than traditional levers and well worth the higher price.

Kent

List,
 The CF lever mentioned in the post is one of mine. In my web advertisment I do credit the success of both the Fujan and Faulk levers so in no way is this post a slight on either of those fine tools.
Both Steve Fujan and Charles Faulk have put much effort, research and certainly craftsmanship into their products and I too went through quite a few configurations before I brought my lever to our little marketplace.
Although the price is under $200.00 ,
I've been pleased with the feedback from the technicians who have purchased a Driscoll CF lever .A few of the reviews can be seen on my site:

  http://www.tomdriscollpianoservice.com/tools.html

   With utmost respect for the designs that preceded mine I'm happy to included in the conversation .
  A quote from one of my  "Beta" testers :

  "I would describe it as another flavor in this new realm of high tech tuning levers."

  Best to all,
  Tom Driscoll RPT