[pianotech] Hammer Technique: was Q & A Roundtable (ETD & musings)

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Wed Feb 2 11:00:59 MST 2011

On Feb 2, 2011, at 11:34 AM, David Love wrote:

> … that's that beauty of an ETD (yet another use).
> You don't have to measure the actual tension to know that you didn't need to
> increase the tension above the target. …

David,

Yes, indeed.

You know, just jawing here,
   what I have learned in the tuning process from
   the experiences I have had with ETDs', is that
   it's like being taught a whole new language
   as opposed to what the majority generally tends to profess.

As an extreme example,
   I read a paperback type book in the late '60s' entitled LSD.
It contained two different viewpoints about this substance.

One person said you would lose your mind and go crazy if you tried it.
The other person said you it would open new doors of consciousness.

The one person had never tried it.
The other person had tried it.

Since I didn't know who to believe, I had to find out for myself.
And I did. Yes, I did lose part of my mind and seemed to go crazy.
And yes, it did open new doors of consciousness within my being.

 Was there a price to pay? Yes, there is a price to pay
    to experience the truth of any matter, and that equally applies
    to the ETD experience.

I ascribe no ill will to any with regards to the choices they make.
My interest lies in the truth of a matter. If I can't determine
   what others say is so, I find out for myself, or let it go and move on.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern