[pianotech] [OT] Stuff Which Should Really Be on PTG-L

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Tue Jul 5 14:30:41 MDT 2011

Mark,

Not all of what you saying is true. For example, Quasar accounting that I'm running - is - Client / Server based,
however, my desktop is running - both - parts: the client, which is the accounting software and the server, which is the
DB server.

And, I'm just a lowly part-time desktop person like most everybody else - accept I do O.J.T. as I am implementing things.

For example, when I built my website, I knew absolutely nothing about servers, registering domain names, etc. I learned
all of this on the fly, built my website and I maintain it.

I also maintain my barbershopper chapters' website, in which, I downloaded, installed, and customizing eGroupware.

Although I do not do much external development, I do try and implement everything the software gives me.

So, yes, there is a small chance that you would need a full-time person.

 From where I sit and from all the emails going back and forth, the email list portion was not properly considered,
tested and implemented. It seems to be treated as an after-thought then quickly slapped together.

If I were to do this kind of thing when I was in IT, I would have been severely reprimanded and/or fired.

P.S. Shifting gears, what is wrong with the currently email list (mailman) ? I noticed it is not the most current release ?

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years