[pianotech] CAUT FORUM Friday 4th Period

Bdshull at aol.com Bdshull at aol.com
Wed Jul 6 15:00:26 MDT 2011

CAUT FORUM Friday 4th Period, PTG Technical Institute in  Kansas City July
15, 2011

All who are interested in college and university piano service may attend
the CAUT Forum 4th period Friday.  Originally scheduled to look only  at a
proposed survey of piano service in higher education, it will now  include:

1.  A discussion of the fine old CAUT listserve, the  new CAUT discussion
groups and the CAUT microsite with Ron  Berry.  Some of you will attend the
Pianotech list discussion  3rd period Friday, but many of us will not be able
to attend that class (I will  be attending Allen Wright's presentation on
the Steinway London Factory).   Ron will give us the latest on the survival
of the CAUT listserve, the new  my.ptg discussion groups, the resources for
CAUT at the new site, and the new  PTG CAUT microsite (the site long
maintained by Scott Thile for the CAUT  Committee has now been down for over a half
a year, and the new site has just  begun construction, go take a look so you
can share your own ideas for it with  the CAUT Committee -
_http://my.ptg.org/PTG/CAUT/Home/Default.aspx_
(http://my.ptg.org/PTG/CAUT/Home/Default.aspx)

2.  A new major repair and rebuilding study and  worksheet tool from Keith
Kopp and Jim Busby at BYU.    Based on a the CAUT Guidelines as well as a
survey of college piano technicians,  they have created a very useful tool to
help a university technician make the  case to their administrator.

3.  A report on a proposed comprehensive survey  of piano service in higher
education.   The only  surveys on piano service in higher education have
been in-house, of PTG members  who report their college affiliations.  The
2005 PTG Survey reported  approximately 750 respondents representing
approximately 900 schools, in a  higher education market of 2200 schools.  The CAUT
Survey Subcommittee will  report on the goals of a comprehensive survey of
piano service in  higher education and seek your input.

The CAUT Committee and the PTG seeks your participation and input in order
to do its best.   I look forward to your participation!

Keep in mind that any afternoon home office/PTG Museum tour which provided
van-pools will not return in time for the CAUT Forum.

I'm cross-posting this to the pianotech list, and to the new discussion
lists as well.

See you there!

Bill Shull, CAUT Committee Member
La Sierra University