[pianotech] Broadwood Barless Grand

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Sat Jul 9 12:56:53 MDT 2011

I'm not saying I don't like the idea--if nothing else they were beautiful to
look at--but I think I'd have gone about it a bit differently. With a little
creative thought the action could have been constructed in a way that would
have made the gap unnecessary. The bass/tenor break could have been made a
little smoother but playing around with the string angles some. I also think
it would have been interesting to play around with a flat-strung version of
the idea. Flat-strung designs take some effort to get them to develop a
nice, clean bass but it can be done. This would make it possible to develop
an absolutely seamless bass-to-tenor transition. And it would have made the
whole thing even more striking looking. Ah, well, it's unlikely anyone is
going to do anything like this again. Too bad, it could be a nice niche
market for somebody.

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Design & Fabrication
6939 Foothill Court SW, Olympia, Washington 98512 USA
Phone  360.515.0119 — Cell  360.388.6525
del at fandrichpiano.comddfandrich at gmail.com