[pianotech] Guess which pin...

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Jul 31 10:08:21 MDT 2011

On 7/31/2011 10:20 AM, Joe Goss wrote:
> The worth of the piano is an issue for me.
> So the least amount of effort with the greatest amount of return.

That's right. Spend the big bucks on pianos with some potential. The
potential should determine the repair considerations.

> So first treat centers with alcohol then with Goose Juice. The alcohol
> will act as both a shrinking agent and as a surfactant for the GJ.

If GJ needs a surfactant to get into wool, it's useless by itself. I
know it penetrates wool quite nicely without help, so it has no need of
a surfactant, alcohol or otherwise.

You're just shrinking and lubricating in one step.

Ron N