[pianotech] Piano rusting at the beach

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Tue Mar 1 01:47:46 MST 2011

Hi Keith,

The client has told me he wants to have it restrung.  I wanted to take that opportunity to remove as much of the remaining rust from the hitch pins, bridge pins, etc. Maybe it's just a visual thing, but the client really wants the piano to look nice. I'm trying to help them to the best of my ability.

I agree with you that many pianos sound just fine with those discrepancies. However, the client wants it cleaned up. It's a reasonable request and one I'm capable of achieving. So I'll do my best to make the piano look its best.

Regards,

Rob McCall
Murrieta, CA