[pianotech] Institute of Instrument Technology

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 1 11:42:06 MST 2011

Chip said: "We have a tuner in the area who has included "Piano Technicians Guild" logo with
his ad for several years in the local directory. Turns out he requested a
membership application, but never joined.

Sleezy!"

Chip,
It's also illega!!!! Notify the Home Office AND your local Chapter President! It might be a good idea to have a chat with the yellow pages people, regarding copyright infringements, etc. We've had similar Sleeze Balls in our area!It took some doing, but the fraud(s) have ceased.
 In a way it's good news.....just shows how they think it's important to be a member and how valueable it is in regard to the general piano owning public image thang.
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I