[pianotech] Re-Attaching Ivory head

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at frontier.com
Sat Mar 5 07:51:04 MST 2011

Les,

I would not use the wafers unless I had the keys in the shop.  Surface
prep, heating, water, not easy to do in the customer's living room.
I've had the best success with a technique learned here on pianotech
(Susan?) of applying a thin layer of PVC-E to the keystick, thin layer
of thin CA to the ivory, and press together.  Bonds quickly, seems to
endure.

Mike