[pianotech] Sheesh!

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 09:12:21 MST 2011

At 06:25 -0800 08/03/2011, Joseph Garrett wrote:

>Yeah, right! Tried all that crap. Didn't work! As I said in my
>Too much effort just to get on the damned site!  Thanks to all who
>have offered assistance.

Who wants to go to a damn site anyway?!

At present I get all postings to pianotech and CAUT in the mail and
they are automatically filtered to the appropriate Eudora mailboxes.
If I see a thread that interests me I'll follow it.  If I see that a
long thread is concerned with  holy scripture, the price of petrol in
Broken Jaw and all the other garbage that hits the list, then I'll
delete all the messages in that thread -- if I have time.

If I want to find all messages that mention x, y or z from n, m or o
than I can bring them up in five seconds from postings going back 5
years or more, the same as I can with all my other mail.  If I want a
message from Joe Garrett that mentions maple or oak from whatever
year, I can find it in a couple of seconds.

This whole web-mail/web-list business is a total waste of time.  I
grew up with Listserv lists with proper archives and proper options,
most of which are set to bounce html mail and that's where I stick.

JD