[pianotech] Email Lists and Websites

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Wed Mar 9 07:57:51 MST 2011

It sounds as though there were two major problems to be solved: one dealing with the membership database, and another with discussion groups.

Certainly it's a benefit to process online financial transactions automatically, rather than having people do them manually, and put the receipt in an envelope back to us in snail mail. I think we all applaud efficiency -- wasted effort is like lost motion, and should be minimalized.

The discussions are separate, though, and include far more people than the PTG membership. It certainly seems possible to separate this issue from the first one.

The choice of a Javascript-based web browser for discussions is not a good match for field-based technicians using a wide variety of mobile devices around the world. I don't see why Pianotech can't continue as a listserv, while we members pay our dues thru MemberMax. That's still a big improvement where we need it.

I'm deeply grateful to all the PTG members and leadership who volunteer their time on top of their other jobs.

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
Albuquerque, NM

www.shusterpiano.com