[pianotech] List changes - it's a lot bigger than just the lists...

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Wed Mar 9 21:55:11 MST 2011

On 03/09/2011 10:29 PM, David Love wrote:

> Yeah great. So heeding Israel’s fine remarks I just attempted to post
> on the voicing group list a response to Fred Sturm’s request for a
> detailed description of Steinway hammer lacquering and voicing
> techniques. When completed some 10 or 12 paragraphs later I went to
> spell check. It picked out some words for which it offered
> suggestions. Since none of them fit it allows an option to manually
> input, which I attempted. It would not accept my manual attempts
> (after several tries) so I finally tried to type it in and hit enter.
> The entire post vanished never to be seen again. Great system and no
> I’m not redoing it. What a bunch of crap. The PTG may not exist for
> the list but the list members are part of the PTG. Sorry Israel, this
> has nothing to do with boomers. The system sucks.
>
> David Love
>
> www.davidlovepianos.com

Couldn't resist - and - this is "progress"

*I'm in the beginnings of setting up eGroupware
(http://www.egroupware.org/) for my Barbershopper's website.

Features and applications are here: http://www.egroupware.org/applications*

Gosh - not again - however - drawing on my IT background - did anyone do
"regression testing" - test - test - test - test - find bugs - find bugs
- test - test !!!

Oops, it sure looks - not.

Before I do - any - changes - to my websites - I regression test
everything - meaning - I force myself to sit back and - literally -
think of ways to try and - break - the software.

If - everything - passes - then I put it - live.

IMH(IT)O,
Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 11 years