[pianotech] List changes - it's a lot bigger than just the lists...

Israel Stein custos3 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 9 23:34:56 MST 2011

On 11:59 AM, Ron Nossaman wrote:
> On 3/9/2011 11:15 PM, Israel Stein wrote:
>
>> When beta-testing is done by amateurs
>> in their
>> spare time - bugs and lots of them
>> are inevitable.
>

> Well, no. Seems to me we were informed
> today that this was a commercial
> product, produced and maintained by
> professionals. Why would beta testing
> by amateurs in their spare time (us)
> make bugs inevitable?
>
> Ron N

Sir,

There is a difference between the basic
product and any particular configuration
of it. PTG members have been testing the
various functionalities of this
configuration for months - of that I am
aware. Obviously, they did not find all
the configuration bugs. Perhaps there
are capabilities that could be added to
the system in response to the
suggestions and complaints from this
list. Perhaps it would involve
additional costs. Read very carefully
Paul Brown's post - this is a work in
progress. Which is why these e-mail
lists are not being taken off line yet.
I suspect that many of the problems are
because the PTG - as usual - is trying
to do this on the cheap, and a rather
low level of support is available from
the pros - the price for full support is
probably prohibitive... So getting it
all sorted out will likely take some
time... When I asked the PTG President
and executive Director at WestPac (at a
special information session) about
something that was of concern to me -
they did not know. They will have to
check.The same most likely goes for your
inquiries... I guess we don't have an IT
person from the supplier living in the
Home Office to immediately address all
of everyone's concerns...

Israel Stein