[pianotech] Clunky Noises

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 05:24:37 MST 2011

Hi David,
It's great when the culprit is "just one simple thing" (e.g. a loose hammer
flange screw), but we are dealing with a system with many interrelated
parts, compressed and hardening felts and buckskins, and loosening glue
joints, keys'  balance rail holes, flange to bird's eye space, etc. etc. Yes
"I know you know that" but sometimes we need to remind ourselves.
Maybe you'll find "the one true culprit." Sounds like the action is ready
for a comprehensive overhaul, even if the customer isn't in that zone yet.
Patrick Draine