[pianotech] List changes - it's a lot bigger than just the lists...

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Thu Mar 10 09:42:31 MST 2011

On Mar 10, 2011, at 7:03 AM, Mike Spalding wrote:

> On 3/10/2011 12:14 AM, Israel Stein wrote:
>> And how do you know that some users were not polled?
> We've gone back and forth on this one since the beginning, with absolutely no factual information available.  So, how about any list members who were consulted give us a brief post identifying themselves?

Mike,

Your question is very broad in its scope, but I can say this much.

I was contacted by the Home Office informing me of the upcoming change in late 2010
   to give me time time to make some decisions about the following:

1) I maintain the Oklahoma Chapter, PTG information. This was once located at
        www.ptg.org/chapters/oklahoma
2) I was essentially informed that I maintain one of the largest sources
    of chapter information out of 160 chapters, give or take a few numbers.
3) I was also informed that the server could no longer continue to maintain that activity
    because of its volume. So, I removed the majority of the volume.
4) So, I removed the majority of those files into a subdomain of a site
     I already maintain. That subdomain is at    www.soonertuner.kamcam.com
5) I also determined at that time, that the new format that was coming
    would no longer be able support the efforts of the remaining files
    still located at    www.ptg.org/chapters/oklahoma .
6) Pending the Oklahoma Chapter's officers to decide whether to create
     our own site, or let me continue on doing what I felt would work best
    for the time being was put on hold.
7) The server change finally came, whereupon I found my determinations in 5) were correct.
     Now, the preservation of the efforts of the Oklahoma Chapter, PTG are
     maintained completely at the sub-domain site I mentioned
     www.soonertuner.kamcam.com .

This information reflects my involvement in the server change.
I also will add that I endorse Israel Stein's comments concernng the reasons
    for this change to take place.

The future is coming, and guess what, it has arrived.

Sincerely,

Keith

Keith McGavern, RPT
http://www.ptg.org/chapters/oklahoma/