[pianotech] Drilled capo bars

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Thu Mar 10 13:44:29 MST 2011

I would think that would be counterproductive.  Think of the Bosendorfer
capo which is massive and helps to reduce energy loss from the speaking
length by virtue of that added mass.  Allowing the capo to vibrate more
easily would just bleed off energy from the string faster.  I don't get it.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com