[pianotech] Tuning the duplex sections

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Sat Mar 12 21:25:18 MST 2011

Yes, I've heard the bit about string longevity once or twice in the past. On
first blush it sounds like a good theory until you consider
the--what?--millions of vertical pianos out there with sharp and short
string deflection angles that are not breaking strings with any great
regularity. Nor are they particularly noisy in spite of what are sometimes
very rough V-bar surfaces.

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Design & Fabrication
6939 Foothill Court SW, Olympia, Washington 98512 USA
Phone  360.736.7563 — Cell  360.388.6525
del at fandrichpiano.comddfandrich at gmail.com