[pianotech] Ludwig Feigel Piano/Viennese Action Information Request

Patrick C. Poulson pcpoulson at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 12 23:50:29 MST 2011

Hello All: I have taken on the project of bringing a 1910 Ludwig Feigel 6' grand back to playing condition. It is actually in very good condition considering it's age, tuneable with a good soundboard and pinblock. It has what I believe is a Viennese action, with leather covered hammers. I have no idea as to how this would be regulated, or how to voice the hammers. The soft leather gives the piano a very dull tone, so I hope to be able to brighten them up. I don't know if the leather covering is original or not. I will start by easing the keys, which are all tight on their balance pins. Where to go from there?
Thanks for your help.
Patrick C. Poulson
Registered Piano Technician
530-265-1983