[pianotech] Mom & Pop days

kam544 at allegiance.tv kam544 at allegiance.tv
Sun Mar 13 09:22:38 MDT 2011

List,

I was reminded of the days when Wal-Mart came to town.
What was to become of the Mom & Pop stores.

Then I was reminded  when Super Wal-Mart came to town.
What was to become of Wal-Mart.

I liken the new web format to a Super Wal-Mart.
The offerings are phenomenal compared to the Mom & Pop stores
   and to the first version of Wal-Mart.

Now I ask you this, of the 600 + subscribers of [Pianotech], who of you
   has never participated in going to a Super Wal-Mart,
   excluding those who might be extremely in remote areas,
   and not reaped the benefits of the offerings that exist in those Super Wal-Marts'.

That is what is available at    my.ptg.org  .

Now consider this:
When those of you who did enter a Super Wal-Mart,
   didn't you initially wander around forever in amazement,
   sometimes even bewilderment,
   to take in the amazing reality of those stores?

And if you actually were looking for something,
   and couldn't find it, all you had to do was ask for directions.

my.ptg.org   has such a place to ask for directions.
It's a subscription called   User  Help Group   for when one is overwhelmed
   and truly what's to participate. There's no harm and no foul for seeking help.

Explore this new reality. It's not going away. And the only persons being
   deprived of its benefits are the persons unwilling to accept
   that Mom & Pop stores have basically become a thing of the pass.

It is a fond, rememberable time, no doubt, but I would never trade
   those days for the ones that are here now.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern, RPT