[pianotech] [ptech:33] David Love, Ron Nossaman, Joe Garrett, etc

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Mar 13 18:18:53 MDT 2011

Al:

Thanks for trying.  While I prefer the old system in some ways the new
system may be doable if you simply select in notification preferences "Real
Time" and "Text" (rather than html).  The messages then come into your email
box and the subject headings look pretty much the same.  You can organize
them in your inbox as is necessary and (Ron N. you'll be pleased) the posts
come through in plain text without problems.  You can respond either to the
discussion or to the sender directly by clicking on the appropriate link at
the bottom of the post.  Navigating through the postings on the website
itself is still a pain and slow but doing it this way seems to work, at
least so far.  Personally, I don't care for the Google Groups interface.  It
just doesn't suit my eye and I think it's worse that doing it this way with
the new system.  Plus starting yet another group just seems like too many
places to try and navigate through.  I don't wish to lose JD's input so I'm
hoping that doing it this way will suit him.  I think you can still have a
virtual conversation in real time.

BTW, the digest format I don't think is a good idea if you want to try and
maintain the same real time back and forth.  Since the digest is only
produced once daily then an exchange of 5 or 6 postings can end up taking a
couple of weeks to get through.

I've just replied all on this posting as I'm not really sure where it will
get to with all the addresses.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com