[pianotech] How Much Time to Remove & Replace set of Bass Strings on Yamaha G2?

Roger@Integra.net rgable at integra.net
Mon Mar 14 16:51:16 MDT 2011

Michael,
If the tuning pins are tight, I would suggest you use the existing tuning pins. You're likely to get yourself into more trouble if you pull the pins and replace with a larger pin. Carefully back off 1/2 to 3/4 turns and transfer the coil from your dummy pin. This will be difficult with the last 6 or 8 notes in the extreme bass, but you'll have less overall problems than if you replace the pins and find your replacements are jumpy, too big or too loose.
Roger Gable