[pianotech] Tuning the duplex sections

Mark Schecter mark at schecterpiano.com
Tue Mar 15 02:44:44 MDT 2011

Hi David,

I think that this results from the sound in the air exciting movement in the soundboard, which causes movement of the strings through the bridge. From that point on, the sustain is as usual. You can model this by connecting a loudspeaker to an amplifier's input, and make a sound. The sound is transduced into an electrical signal by the speaker funtioning in reverse. Likewise the soundboard.

-- Mark Schecter