[pianotech] What is bloom,

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Thu Mar 17 11:12:46 MDT 2011

It's that "swelling of the tone" that I have a problem with. Your
explanation nicely accounts for the change in the rate of decay that pianos
exhibit following the initial chaotic attack but I fail to see where any
extra energy is coming from to "swell the tone." It is this "swelling" that
I have not seen measured.

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Design & Fabrication
6939 Foothill Court SW, Olympia, Washington 98512 USA
Phone  360.736.7563 — Cell  360.388.6525
del at fandrichpiano.comddfandrich at gmail.com